Please scroll down for submission guidelines.
What authors are saying about Rosie Amber’s Review Team:
“I’ve achieved my target sales for the year in one month and I’m sure reviews from Rosie’s review team have contributed significantly to this.” Rachel Walkley, women’s fiction author
“Any author with faith in the strength of their work understands the importance of honest, critical reviews. As an author and reader, I trust in Rosie’s Book Review Team, knowing the reviews are written with genuine criticism, and praise given only when warranted. Authors seeking reviews that hold weight with and impress readers should look no further than Rosie’s Book Review Team.” H.A Callum, author of Literary Fiction
‘I rely on Rosie’s review team for honest and thoughtful reviews. I know they love reading and the reviews they post express both that love and their opinions of my (and other writers’) novels. Long may they continue. Their support has been invaluable.’ Carol Hedges, author of Victorian murder mysteries and YA
‘As well as introducing me to talented authors in other genres, I’m grateful to Rosie’s review team for helping raise awareness of my books to new readers.’ Tony Riches, Amazon best-selling historical fiction author.
‘Without doubt the best book review service I’ve used. Always a quick turnaround, always honest reviews, and as an author you can’t ask for more than that.’ Dylan J. Morgan, author of horror, Sci-Fi, dystopian and post apocalyptic fiction.
‘Rosie Amber and her team of reviewers/bloggers are professional, dedicated and fair minded. As an author, I know that I will receive a fair critique of my novels from them. I am happy to use them as go-to reviewers for any new novel I publish. I am also happy to recommend them to other authors.’ Lizzie Lamb, author of romantic comedies
‘Rosie’s team bring authors and readers together in the nicest possible way. Reviewers who care about books – what more can an author ask for? David Ahern, mystery author
“Smaller authors don’t have the same publicity budget as the big publishers and it is a struggle to reach potential readers. Rosie and her team provide an invaluable service not only with providing good quality revews but also with sharing those review on social media to reach a larger audience.” Diane Febry thriller author
When you submit a book to this blog, you can choose to have it reviewed by me, or added to the list for my team to choose from. Please see the contact form at the bottom of this page, but please read these specifications first.
Rosie Amber’s Book Review Team (#RBRT on Twitter)
RBRT comprises around 25 reviewers: writers, editors, active book bloggers or just avid readers. If you wish your book to go on the team list, you may obtain several reviews. I try to make sure that every submission gets picked up by at least one reviewer, but I cannot guarantee this. It is, therefore, important that you make your blurb as appealing as possible. Please see the tips on getting your book accepted, below.
Accepted formats for review:
- epub (sorry, no PDF)
- Amazon Vouchers
- Gifted books from Amazon (nb, only if reviewer lives in the same country as the author – Amazon does not allow gifting across sites)
- Please let me know if you can only provide hard copy, and we will discuss.
When I have accepted your submission, I post the book on the review team list. If a reviewer chooses it, I let you know and give you their email address so that you can email your copy.
Reviewers will post the review on a minimum of 2 sites such as their blog, Amazon, Goodreads, etc. They also send me a copy, so that I can post it on this site.
Important: We do not offer a 5* only book service. We pride ourselves on giving honest, balanced reviews; however, any criticism will be constructive. I do not allow reviewers to ‘trash’ books, and for this reason do not allow less than 3* on this blog. If a reviewer feels unable to give a 3* rating, they will decline to finish the book, and I will let you know.
Please do not ask me not to post a review because you don’t like its content. If you submit a book, the review will appear on this blog. Before submitting, it may be a good idea to read a range of posts from my reviewers so that you know what to expect.
Tips to help get your book reviewed by the review team
- Address your request to me, Rosie, and get my name right! Don’t do a copy and paste request across many book blogs. You should look at every book blog individually, and write your request according to the blog’s submission guidelines.
- Ensure that your blurb is not too long, and gives a good representation of the book’s genre. The best book blurbs have 2-5 short paragraphs, give an overview of the story – a blurb should not be a synopsis of the plot. Think about what makes you want to read a book.
- Please state the genre clearly. If it crosses genres, let us know what they all are.
- Please don’t hard sell. The blurb and genre, and the review copy delivered promptly to the reviewer, is all we need.
- Don’t forget to specify what format you are offering!
- Please state whether you want your book to be entered onto the team list or be added to my personal reviewing list. Please see below for my preferred genres and specifications.
On occasion, I will be unable to accept a submission for the Review Team list. This may be due to the standard of the content, or because of the genre; my reviewers all have busy lives, and it may be that those who might normally take your book are not currently able to review. I aim to reply to each submission, but running a book review team of this size is extremely time-consuming, and sometimes it is simply not possible. If you have not heard back from me within two weeks of your submission, it is likely that I have been unable to accept it.
My Personal Review List
- Murder mystery
- Mild thriller
- Low fantasy
- Non-fiction/fiction about other countries and cultures
I prefer not to read:
- Hardcore erotica
- Strong religious themes
- Short stories
I prefer to accept books in paperback, but I’m also happy to work with Mobi files/Amazon vouchers.
Before I accept a book a few lines about it should be sent along with your details via the contact form at the bottom of this page, plus a link to where I can find the book so I can have a look at it; for instance, the Amazon link. The final decision to review the book is mine. Upon acceptance I will provide a mailing/e-mail address if necessary. I live in the UK.
Once I have read your book:
- You’ll get, hopefully, a new friend in the book world.
- My book review will be succinct and honest. Please remember that if you submit a book to a book blogger, you cannot tell them how to read it, or how it should have been read. Each person reads a book differently.
- Once reviewed, your book may appear on this blog. I also post reviews on Goodreads, and Amazon. The review will read the same on all sites.
- How much you get out of this is up to you; if you interact with readers who comment on the review, if you share it on your social media sites and retweet, the review will have more effect.
- Please do not ask me to change a review or add links once the review has been posted. However, if you have other promotions going on, and continue to support my blog, I may be happy to feature you again, if, for instance, you have a new release.
- Please remember that I do not guarantee that a submission will result in lots of 5* reviews. Sorry to keep repeating this, but it does need saying. The first step is to get the book accepted, and this will be based on genre, quality of writing, blurb and your method of communication. The fact that you are reading this at all is good!
I try to answer all my contact mail – if you haven’t received a reply, do check your spam box in case my reply gets filed there!
Thanks for reading this page,
‘please state whether you are submitting to my personal reviewing list or the book review team‘.
How to get a copy of your Mobi file from Amazon (for self-published authors)
To get a mobi file, sign into your account on KDP which will take you to your bookshelf.
Click on the book, this takes you into another page. (example here)
Scroll down to 7 –‘ Preview your book’ and click on ‘download book preview file’.
This will download the mobi file.
On my computer, it is then automatically saved to ‘downloads’ and when I want to send it to someone via email, I just click ‘attach file’, go into downloads and click on it.
Hope that helps.
or Try This, Calibre is free to download. It enables you to upload a Word file and then convert it to various digital formats including mobi, epub, pdf etc. Here’s the link: http://calibre-ebook.com/.