We are almost at the end of an unbelievable tour of Romance authors across the world. Today our guest is Sherry Gammon. Please welcome her to the blog and catch up with her views on writing romance in today’s society over with Stephanie in a few hours time.
1) Where is your home town?
2) When did you start writing?
When I as 12. I began writing poems. In college I graduated to short stories, then eventually novels
3) Have you always included romance in your work?
4) Where is “Unlovable” set?
It is set in the fictional town of Port Fare, NY, A sleepy little place along Lake Ontario
5) You deal with a serious set of issues for Maggie. Do you feel strongly about pressures on teenagers?
Maggie’s story is not so much about teen pressures as it is about a cruel unloving mother and Maggie’s will to survive despite her mother.
6) Maggie is desperate to find someone she can trust. Does Seth tell her the truth about himself upfront?
No, which needless to say, causes a real problem for poor Maggie.
7) Tell us more about this book being made in to a film.
The film company contacted me about making “Unlovable” into a movie. They also asked me to be part of creating the screenplay, which we finished at the end of June. That was pretty exciting. Now they are searching for actors to fill the part. I have made suggestions but ultimately it is up to the actors to accept the rolls. That is so fantastic, so many authors would love this opportunity, we wish you well with it.
8) There is a second book in this “Port Fare Series”, are Maggie and Seth still the main characters?
Not the main characters, but very much in the story, especially Maggie.
9) Can you drop us a few hints about the second book, “Unbelievable” to tempt us?
“Unbelievable” is Cole’s story. He hooks up with a spicy little Latina named Lilah who shakes up his mild manner world. I really love Cole’s story. Lilah was so much fun to write. And of course, there is a lot of romance, probably more than “Unlovable” even.
10) I believe there is also a third book in the series, is this out yet? Or do you have an expected publishing date?
“Unbearable” is Booker’s story. He is the cop that worked with Seth in book one. I have finished writing it and was hoping to publish it by Christmas, but the editing process always takes longer than expected. Hopefully by spring of 2014.
Thank you for allowing me to be part of this!!
Thank you Sherry and Good Luck with the book and the movie. Don’t forget Stephanie’s half of the tour at http://stephanie-hurt.com/