Night temperatures have dropped into single figures suddenly this week. There is an autumn chill in the air and the toadstools are in abundance out in the woods. In the garden I have been collecting seeds for next year and planting Spring bulbs. So what have I got for you this week?
First photo goes to this toadstool which popped up in my flower bed. I have been unsuccessful in identifying it from my book or the internet and I don’t have an identifier app. If anyone can help me I would be grateful. It has a sponge like appearance underneath and it looks like a Crème Brûlée on the top.
Second photo is an update on my Sedum, this week they are much pinker than last week’s photo, which I have added to the corner for comparison. Update: Julie Grows from Twitter has identified this as a Bolette, either a Bay Bolette or a Slippery Jack.
Photos three, four and five are of my dahlias which have done so well and are continuing to flower that they deserve another showing.
Lastly a before (there will be an after in a few months) photo of my Poinsettia as they begin their daily twelve hours of dark, twelve hours of light routine to get the leaves to turn red in time for Christmas. This will be my third year of doing this. I have experimented with the start dates, this year will be my earliest start time, as the previous years the plants were at their peak in January.
Thank you for joining me for this #SixOnSaturday post. I hope that you enjoyed it. If you would like to know more about this hashtag, read founder Mr Propagator’s post here also find him on Twitter here.
- Mr Propagator’s post for the linky to the meme. He’s off on a 50 mile run today.
- Sarah is planting citrus trees in her Australian garden.
- Still lots flowering in Graeme’s garden, plus he’s off on a scything course.
- 30 Days Wilding show us his latest plant finds.
- Fred’s has a lot of rain, go and see his video.
- Sel’s found some great free items in Belgium.
- Tony’s been getting free plants too.
- Off The Hedge Gardening has a lovely amaranthus with poodle puffs!
- Great pruning of a Box Chinese Ginger Jar on Lead Up the Garden Path’s blog.
- Last week of summer on Chris’s blog.