Today my guest on the blog is Sarah Solmonson, please join me in welcoming Sarah to the blog, here are Sarah’s replies;
1) Tell me your name
2) Where do you live?
Less than a mile from the beautiful Lake Minnetonka in Minnesota.
3)When did you start writing?
In kindergarten I used to think I was writing when I added words to my books. I still have a stack of construction paper books from the first grade – the collection grew from there!
4)What type of books do you like writing the most?
5)Pass on 3 tips about writing or publishing.
1. Secret to meeting word count goals? Place bum in chair and write. It’s that simple. 2. Never stop learning. Read craft books, read blogs, study from the best of the best who have paved the way. 3. Promote and cheer on others 90% of the time, promote yourself the other 10%.
6)What was the last book that you read? How would you rate it?
The Storyteller by Jodi Piccoult. 3/10. I actually yelled at the book a few times and threw it across the room once.
7)Now choose just one of your books and add a link to it.
For the next thirty minutes I was untouchable in my joy. The sky was clear, the sun already tempting me to spend another day at the beach. I had my best friend by my side and a boy who loved me. It was about this same time that you were inching down the runway, lifting off the ground for one of the hundreds of take-offs the FAA required your experimental aircraft to make before you could expand the distance you were permitted to fly. It was about this time that everything changed… David Norton lived for two things: family and flying. With the help of his wife, Jan (self appointed parts manager) and teenage daughter, Sarah (lifelong co-pilot), David worked for six years building his very own airplane in his basement workshop. His dream became a reality in the spring of 2000 when N256DN took its first flight. Three months later, David was performing a routine take-off when a fluke change in wind brought his plane down. David was killed instantly. Jan and Sarah were thrown into a whirlwind of grief and depression that nearly destroyed the family David so dearly loved. I was unhealthy in every way a person could be, intensified by the fact that I kept pretending to be fine. Or doing my best to pretend, to fit into who I was before. I cared about nothing but went through the daily motions of school, homework, and hanging out with friends, as though these were still the most important parts of my life. I felt like I was outside of my own body most of the time, watching from the side-lines as Sarah smiled. Now a grown woman with a family and dreams of her own, Sarah looks back on the depression and darkness of teenage grief and the unthinkable transformation of her family following her father’s death. Taking Flight is a journey through loss, a story of love, and a lesson in following your dreams – no matter what the cost. Life is beautiful and brief – get your copy of Taking Flight today and find the inspiration to touch the skies of your dreams.