Today’s team review is from Jenny
Jenny has been reading In A Jam by Cindy Dorminy
I enjoyed this book so much. The story had me grinning from ear to ear and chuckling from the very first chapter. I would say a good 90% of the book is fun and laid back, the other 10% is touching. The author writes with a good South American style, I caught myself reading in the South American drawl that it should be read in to get the full feel of the characters. This made the book even more fun than it already is!
Andi meets Gunnar, a gorgeous, fit cop and they fancy each other from the start, things are never easy in love though. Will they pull through once Willow, Gunnar’s ex turns up? What a little venomous minx she is. A strong character and one that you love to hate!
After the death of her grandmother, Andi has to keep off the booze and run her grandmothers coffee shop ‘In a Jam’ before she can inherit her granny’s lottery winnings. For someone like Andie, who enjoys a good drink, this is not an easy task to complete. The two Jackson sisters are a hoot. You can imagine what they are up to as the story unfolds. Love them or hate them, you find that the story needs them and they grow on you as their characters unfold.
I loved some of the phrases, I found myself saying them out loud and giggling to myself. This story made me laugh. It is relaxing to read and also created a tear in my eyes a couple of times too.
A good, modern love story, which I would highly recommend.
Andie Carson has to do three things to inherit her grandmother’s lottery winnings—sober up, spend a month running her grandmother’s Georgia coffee shop, and enter homemade jam in the county fair. If she can’t meet those terms, the money goes to the church, and Andie gets nothing. She figures her tasks will be easy enough, and once she completes them, Andie plans to sell the shop, take the money, and run back to Boston.
After a rough breakup from his crazy ex-fiancée, Officer Gunnar Wills decides to take a hiatus from women. All he wants is to help make his small town thrive the way it did when he was a kid. But when wild and beautiful Andie shows up, Gunnar’s hesitant heart begins to flutter.
Gunnar knows that Andie plans to leave, but he’s hoping to change her mind, fearful that if her coffee shop closes, Main Street will fold to the big-box corporations and forever change the landscape of his quaint community. But convincing her to stay means getting close enough to risk his heart in the process. Even though Gunnar makes small-town life seem a little sweeter, Andie has to decide if she’s ready to turn her world upside down and give up big-city life. One thing’s for sure—it’s a very sticky situation.