It’s Day 22 on the Romancing September Across the World Tour and our gust author today is Candace Knoebel. Meet her here and then join her once more over with Stephanie to discus writing romance in today’s society.
Let’s find out more about Candace and her book “Embracing the Flames”.
1) Where is your home town?
– My home town is Davenport, Florida. There’s nothing too exciting about it lol.
2) How long have you been writing?
– I have been writing avidly since 2009, but I have always written since I was little. I used to write a lot of poetry and journal entries.
3) Have you always written romance?
– No. Actually, all three of my current novels are categorized as YA Fantasy. They have elements of romance, but not full romance.
4) “Embracing Flames” has a “Hot!” cover, who designed it?
5) Book 2 of the “Born in Flames” Trilogy, this is fantasy/romance, where did the original idea for the plot come from?
– It came from my love of dragons and mythology and sort of spiralled into what it is now.
6) Aurora is part-dragon, does that mean she can fly? Or does she breathe fire?
– She does both actually. She can also see at long distances, sense things before they happen, and command fire around her.
7) I have a feeling that there will be some “Flaming” love scenes, can you drop any hints?
– There is a part where Fenn and Aurora decide to take their relationship to the next level. This is when things change. Never before had they encountered this because they were always ‘just friends’, but now that they have acknowledged their feelings, their relationship goes to the next level. This is where you see the spicier side of Fenn.
8) How has writing a second book in a trilogy been? How did you decide what parts of book one to re-tell if any?
– Writing the second was fun because I was able to explore more of the magical realm and of her powers and their relationship now that things have been established. I tried to only bring up parts of book one that were needed to be a reminder to the reader who may have forgotten certain details.
9) Can this book be read as a stand alone novel? Or will there be a cliff hanger ending to entice us towards the next book?
– There is a definite cliff hanger. None of the three books in the trilogy should be read as a stand alone as they all tie into one another. Each book was written with planned foreshadowing that would come to light in the next book.
10) When can fans expect the third book in the trilogy to be available?
From the Embers will be available this winter if all goes well. I am very excited!
Thank you so much!
Find this book on Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com
Thank you Candace, it’s been lovely to have you as a guest, Good Luck with the third book. Now step over to http://stephanie-hurt.com/