I can’t believe we have reached the last day of our Romancing September Across the World. It’s day 30 and we have interviewed and discussed romance writing with 30 authors on both sides of the Atlantic. Today our final author is Cynthia Harrison and she has a little good news for you at the end of our interview. Don’t forget to go over and visit Stephanie later for the final update on writing romance in today’s society.
Let’s find out more about Cynthia;
1) Where is your home town?
I live in small town north of Detroit: Washington, Michigan.
2) How long have you been writing?
I was a star reporter at my junior high school newspaper. So 12-13 years old.
3) Have you always written romance?
No. I wrote two “literary” novels, then a mystery, then a Regency, which is a kind of romance. I indie pubbed a contemporary novel, and only understood how to write full-on romance with my editor’s help.
4) Your book title is “Blue Heaven” with Blue Lake in brackets, what is the connection between the two?
Blue Heaven is the first title in my Blue Lake series.
5) Where is your book set?
In a tourist town on the Great Lakes in Michigan.
6) Eva takes on an enormous project with a tight time scale can you tell the readers a little about this?
Eva had a great job in advertising until Detroit plunged into massive unemployment. She looked for more advertising work, but the game had changed and nobody was hiring. She came up with a last-ditch desperate plan to turn “Blue Heaven” (her family’s beat up old vacation cottages on Lake Huron) from the 1920s into a shabby chic vacation resort.
7) What is it that Daniel Bryman thinks Eva will destroy?
Eva has big plans. She especially wants to recapture that big family feeling without opening up her private space to paying customers, so she plans to put a second story party room on the main bungalow. Daniel is all about integrity of design, and since his ancestor built the bungalow, he did not want to see the original structure tampered with.
8) Will there be time for some romance in Eva’s busy schedule?
Daniel is so keen to make sure all goes right that he is at Eva’s every minute of every day. He makes her an offer she can’t refuse. Free labour!
9) How do you add the romance; a slow burner or fast and furious like a hit and run?
For these two, the attraction is immediate, but other things get in the way of them being together, so they do a painful slow burn for each other.
10) Do you like your writing to have a “Happy Ever After” ending or do you leave unanswered questions?
I love happy endings.
11) This book has recently been published, I believe you have some information which might please our readers?
Yes! “Blue Heaven” is going to be free for five days (Oct.1-5) on Kindle.
Thank you Cynthia for being our guest today, Good Luck with the book promotion. Now please step over to Stephanie’s side of the tour http://Stephanie-hurt.com/