Happy Easter! We have a few warm days this weekend to get us all outside.
First photo shows my sunflower seedlings. This was taken after I read (on twitter) about the #SunflowerChallenge2022 It is being run from April 1st to September 30th. There are 30 categories and lots of prizes, but more importantly it is about having fun. I have several varieties all under way. 🌻
Second photo goes to this lovely Iris. I was given these two years ago. Last year they didn’t flower, so I dried them out and re-potted them. It looks like I will get another flower from the group soon. I don’t know the variety, but they seem to be very late flowering.
Third photo goes to the first flower from my Red Campion which is part of my wild flowers for pollinators scheme. 🐝
Next photo is of the dark pink Tulips which are coming into flower. Such a lovely shade of colour.
Fifth photo is this blue Hydrangea, which I secretly bought this week. It’s my husband’s birthday 🎁 this weekend and guess what he’s getting? Just what he always wanted! 👇
Last photo goes to my onion sets which I planted out this week. I actually remembered to log on for #GardensHour (Twitter: Mondays 9-10pm GMT) where this was first posted. I met another great bunch of gardeners via the hashtag.
Club cricket season starts here this weekend, with a friendly match for my son’s home team, so Saturday’s will now be a little busier for a few months.
Thank you for joining me for this #SixOnSaturday post. I hope that you enjoyed it. If you would like to know more about this hashtag, read founder Mr Propagator’s post here also find him on Twitter here.
- Pádraig has very important information for those about to plant their cucumbers.
- Lots going on in Rogue’s garden.
- It’s Splish Splash in Chris’ Ontario graden
- Plenty of colour in Mr P’s garden this week.
- Tip-toe through Graeme’s Tulip, if you dare!
- Fred’s got more plants to inspire us all.
- Easter is in Autumn in NZ, but Thistles And Kiwis has Camellia in flower.
- Sel has an Ajuga which the slugs don’t eat.
- The Quilted gardener has a lovely Maurandya.
- Granny’s Clematis is flowering.