With January being a traditionally tough month; cold dark days and nights, the after Christmas slump and the long road to pay day
many of you might be feeling that blogging has become a drag.
Why not give things a bit of TLC?
- Freshen up your blog header with a bright new picture. Freshen up the Blog description tag line.
- Update your “About Me” page.
- Change your sidebar widgets, add new ones, get rid of old ones, or change the order they are in.
- Look at the “pages” you are displaying are they old and need taking down or changing?
- Plan some new themed posts, challenges, advice, top tips, interviews for the next couple of months.
- Check out the annual April A-Z Blogging Challenge, the sign up page will be open on January 25th (2016) This is a great way to meet new bloggers and get new traffic to your blog. All you have to do is prepare and post 26 posts using the letters of the alphabet, they can be about anything, or from a theme, your choice. The letter A gets posted on April 1st and so on, Sundays are a rest day, so that letter Z posts are on April 30th. Bloggers from across any platform take part, the idea is to find a visit new blogs, the sign up list will give you links to all the bloggers, often showing the theme of their blog, like music, film, handicrafts, books etc Here is a link to the main A-Z page http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/ where there will be banners and badges that you can use on your blog posts. Plus there is a Twitter community supporting the challenge with Hashtags etc.
What do you do when your blog hits a slump?
Catch Up with all my other Wednesday Wing Posts for more TLC ideas
Checking your WordPress is linked to your Twitter helps others share your posts http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-7L2
Writer’s Craft books by Rayne Hall full of REALLY useful tips http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-7Ma
Hyperlinks, Short links and Linkys http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-7Rl
Making your post titles easy to share on Twitter to maximise views. http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-7SA
Creating Twitter pics that fit http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-7Y4
Creating a slideshow on WordPress http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-7Yo
Getting the most out of Google+ posts http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-7YM
Automated Tweets, LOVE ‘EM or HATE ‘EM? make use of them http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-7Za
What’s Your Book Genre? http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-84S
Should you write dreams into your work? http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-84Q
What can I read in the first 10% of your book? http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-84W
Dialogue – he/she said http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-87T
Creating Twitter Lists – http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-8ck
Making best use of your Twitter “Thank-You” http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-8cn
Should you write a book series? http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-87R
Book Clubs Love ’em? Or Hate em? http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-8JQ