Following on from last week’s fantastic discussion on book series, this week I want to throw the doors open to a discussion about book clubs.
I know very little about book clubs, I’ve always steered clear of them, preferring to read my own choice of books, I have a few friends who have dabbled. However they are a way to link readers to writers.
Here are some starter questions, feel free to answer these or let’s see where the discussion takes us.
- So what makes a good book club?
- What is the ideal length of time between each meeting?
- What are the best ways to create a discussion about the book?
- What is the best way to learn about the books to be reviewed? A list in advance? Or a choice at the meeting?
- Would you pay a fee to belong to a book club?
- Virtual book clubs – what are they like?