Welcome to my new feature called Wednesday Wing
where I’ll be passing on observations, tips and information to readers I’ve made a note of.
Today I’m passing on a tip about short links and linkys.
Here on WordPress you can add neat links to other pages, here is an easy to use guide from WordPress Support
- Highlight the text you want to link.
- Click the link button on the toolbar.
In Visual mode:
In Text mode:
- In the popup that appears, enter the URL you want to link to.
- URL: The URL of the link (include http:// at the start for external websites)
How do you add links in a Word Document you wish to send to someone?
- Select the text or picture that you want to display as the hyperlink.
- On the Insert tab, in the Links group, click Hyperlink . You can also right-click the text or picture and then click Hyperlink on the shortcut menu.
- Do one of the following:
- To link to an existing file or Web page, click Existing File or Web Page under Link to, and then type the address that you want to link to in the Address box. If you don’t know the address for a file, click the arrow in the Look in list, and then navigate to the file that you want.
- To link to a file that you haven’t created yet, click Create New Document under Link to, type the name of the new file in the Name of new document box, and then, under When to edit, click Edit the new document later or Edit the new document now.
- Or what I do is copy the URL of the site you want to hyperlink to first, then return to your document and click the Hyperlink from the “Insert” tab and paste in the URL in the box.
Linkys or short Links
Another way to make a short link of your very long URL (as some of the Amazon ones are) is to use a free website which will create a short link for you to use in the past I have used “tinyurl”, there are many others.
Does anyone have any sites they can recommend?